Raiser Foundation is a registered Ugandan non-governmental organization that promotes children and women’s wellbeing.
Their vision is a world in which every child and every woman attain their rights and achieve their full potential. Their mission is to promote the wellbeing of every child and every woman through sustainable natural resources management, improved reproductive health and rights, improved livelihoods, better life skills, and quality education in Uganda. The organisation implements a number of projects, including:
- The Girls’ Education Project, which seeks to tackle high dropout rates and poor performance among girls by addressing early marriage, teenage pregnancy, unsafe abortions and poverty.
- A mentorship project that aims to build the capacity of young people by linking them to mature, skilled, talented, professional, and willing individuals. For application guidance, contact the Raiser Foundation at email@example.com.
- A skills-building project that increases children's vocational skills.
- A project focused on ending child labour, which works by identifying children who are vulnerable to or victims of child labour. It also works with the government and the private sector to address issues of child labour.
- A Sustainable Development Goals-related advocacy project, which aims to contribute to the national voluntary reporting process on SDGs in collaboration with other CSOs. The process aims at facilitating the sharing of experiences, including successes, challenges and lessons learned, with a view to accelerating the implementation of the 2030 Agenda. It also seeks to advocate for the strengthening of policies and institutions of governments and to mobilize multi-stakeholder support and partnerships for the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Sustainable Development Goals progress in Uganda.
- The Stop Child Marriage Programme, which works with community champions to create awareness against child marriage. This project seeks to engage with duty bearers at the local and national levels to advocate for implementation and monitoring of relevant policies in Uganda.
- Their Sustainable Natural Resources Management Programme, which includes a school environmental aspect that boosts awareness on environmental issues among school children and enhances their knowledge and skills on environmental protection.
- Their Reproductive Health and Rights Programme, which includes an adolescent reproductive health component and a maternal health component.