Faith Based Actors and Preventing Violence Against Children: a Global Perspective from LWF
#ENDviolence and The Lutheran World Federation partnership
This event will showcase LWF’s global work towards ending violence against children through 90 minutes of interactive dialogue, children’s testimonies, and presentations of LWF child violence prevention country initiatives from a number of LWF country programs and member churches including Argentina, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, Colombia, El Salvador, Jordan, Myanmar, South Sudan, Sweden, Uganda and Uruguay.
- Opening remarks by Dr Howard Taylor, Executive Director of the Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children; Dr Martin Junge, General Secretary The Lutheran World Federation;
- Dr Najat Maalla M'jid, Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Violence against Children;
- Archbishop of Sweden Dr Antje Jackelen;
- #ENDViolence Board Member Rev. Prof. Dr Ioan Sauca, World Council of Churches, Acting General Secretary;
- Two videos on LWF World Service Country Operations and LWF Member Churches work to end violence against children;
- Messages from children from LWF operations around the globe;
- Statements by church leaders and LWF World Service Country Representatives;
- Official launch of Pledges by Dr Martin Junge and Dr Howard Taylor;
- Closing voices of children around the globe.
This event will be moderated by Chey Mattner, Head of Operations at The Lutheran World Federation.