Pedostop is a non-governmental organisation in Mauritius that focuses on preventing and responding to child sexual abuse. Pedostop was founded in 2005. Their mission is to empower the society, especially individuals, families, teachers, healthcare professionals, and communities with intervention and prevention skills to minimize the occurrence of child sexual abuse and offer support to the victims. Their work includes:
- Informing and sensitising the Mauritian population on sexual abuse on children
- Providing a platform for past and present victims of sexual abuses to express themselves
- Providing information and counsel on available resources, such as medical, psychological and legal support
- Providing financial support for psychological, medical and legal needs
- Improving support to children victims of sexual abuse by making new proposals, offering trainings, and providing recommendations to stakeholders involved in child protection, professionals, national and international institutions.