Kahama Paralegal Aid Organization (KAPAO)
To reduce the gender disparities in all legal matters, as well as access to social services, ownership of economic resources and access to reproductive health services.
To educate the general public in Shinyanga and countrywide (Tanzania) on human rights and legal rights, so all will have equal rights and justice in society.
1. To provide legal aid among the women, children, people living with HIV/AIDS, disabled, elder and people.
2. To conduct research on policies and laws affecting women, children, disabled, elder and people living with HIV/AIDS, with the aim of using the findings as a tool for advocating their rights.
3. Advocate and promote the increase in youths equal access to opportunities and control over resources at the family.
4. To raise awareness about the importance of girl’s child protection and enhance capacities of communities, local governments and government to strengthen safety nets.
5. To discourage bad beliefs and practices that affect women, grandmothers, children, disabled, and poor people in Tanzania particularly Kahama area.
6. To raise awareness on human rights and legal aid to the public through seminars, workshops, performance, radio programs, printing and disseminating materials on women and children rights for purposes of creating Gender equality