Hope Again For Widows
Hope Again for Widows (HAFOWS) is an indigenous nongovernmental organization, formed in 2013 in Shinyanga, Tanzania. It is an NGO that demonstrates compassion and support to widows and vulnerable children.
Our initiatives are more of a psycho-social complex project in addressing psycho-social issues around young girls, widows and children. The organisation aims to counter:
- The lack of child-care options;
- Violence against children;
- Food insecurity and malnutrition;
- The lack of capital or income to earn their everyday domestic life;
- Families' lack of marketable skills or education;
- Poor access to health services;
- Unsustainable or dangerous housing; and
- Women's lack of access to land rights and Inheritance.