The GlobalChild Project is a 5+5 years project.
Our goals for the first 5 years (2016-2021) are:
- Year 1 – To consolidate all existing indicators on any article or General Comment of the CRC and create new indicators where there is none and to use these indicators to develop a comprehensive child rights monitoring tool that has an indicator set to verify the state of every right articulated under the CRC for children below the age of 18;
- Year 2 – To adapt these indicators for Canada’s Indigenous children, in consultation with a high-level advisory team comprised of Indigenous scholars and knowledge holders. We will also translate the indicators into French;
- Year 3 – To digitize the indicators and create the GlobalChild monitoring platform, which will include the Indigenous GlobalChild (I-GC) and French GlobalChild (F-GC);
- Year 4 – To pilot GC, I-GC, and F-GC in Anglophone, Indigenous, and Francophone regions of Canada, respectively; and
- Year 5 – To review the information collected during the pilots, finalize the three platforms, and create a protocol for CRC-report writing in Canada using the GC tool.
For the next 5 years, we will scale up GlobalChild internationally to pilot the tool in five different regions of the globe.