Foundation for Community and Capacity Development (FOCCAD)
FOCCAD exists to protect the rights of children and adolescents from abuse and violation through linkages between communities right holders and duty bearers. FOCCAD bridges the gap between health facilities, police victim support unit, social welfare and other child rights players through community delivery of child protection services and provision of open and safe space for children.
We intend to achieve this through our six main strategic areas:
- Health and nutrition-HIV and AIDS and SRHR, ECD feeding programs for children and adolescents, family planning and condom education.
- Agriculture and Livelihoods, extension training, VSL, IGAs, climate smart agriculture, linkages to markets
- Youth Development-Coaching, technical and vocational training, business skills and leadership skills and internships.
- Governance and civic participation– training, building strong networks, engagement with duty bearers.
- Disaster, emergency and environmental management –training, relief response, education and early warning system, WASH, protection and feedback mechanisms for women and girls
- Education-School bursaries, ending early marriages, mentorship to girls, school role modeling, coaching sessions, life skills education and training