Family for Every Child
Family for Every Child is a global alliance of local civil society organisations working together to improve the lives of vulnerable children around the world. Our vision is a world where every child can grow up in a permanent, safe and caring family. We work to achieve this vision through a global network of national civil society organisations that mobilises knowledge, skills and resources. We also support temporary, quality alternative care where needed.
We strongly believe:
- the best place for a child to grow up, regardless of background or circumstance, is in a safe, caring and permanent family.
- Children should have at least one protective, responsible adult who cares for them in their own home – preferably a parent or if this is not possible, a family member.
- Keeping families together is a priority and more support must be provided for those who need it.
- A range of quality alternative care options must be made available for children who cannot be cared for by their parents.
- Decisions about children’s care should be made in their best interests, appropriate to their individual circumstances, and involving children and families.
- Children in alternative care should remain as close as possible to their home communities.