Increasing the impact of child helplines with modern technology
Child helplines are often the first place called when a child is in crisis. Young people need the right help quickly. Yet many helplines are not able to connect through social media channels, and for the few that do, counselors often need to use entirely separate systems to handle the different channels.
Tech Matters, in partnership with Child Helpline International, will introduce you to Aselo, an open source, modern contact center platform that provides children with far more ways to reach the help they need, including voice, webchat, SMS, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger.
The goal of Aselo, co-created with members of Child Helpline International, is to triple the number of children that helplines can support by 2025 and improve processes for data collection and reporting for the entire helpline field. Thanks to a grant from the End Violence Fund, Aselo also streamlines the reporting of online child sexual exploitation and abuse and the reporting of child sexual abuse material.
You will hear from:
- Howard Taylor, Executive Director, End Violence Partnership
- Jim Fruchterman, Founder and CEO, Tech Matters
- Jeroo Billimoria, Founder of Child Helpline India and Child Helpline International
- Patrick Krens, Executive Director, Child Helpline International
- Dumisile Nala, National Executive Officer, Childline South Africa