Pathfinder Roadmap - Sweden
The Swedish Government's ambition is to promote and implement the vision and the goals of the Global Partnership. As a Pathfinder country, Sweden will undertake both strategic and immediate measures against exploitation and violence against children in three particular areas:
1. To increase knowledge on violence against children including information developed especially for and by children
2. Develop and invest in the social protection system for children
3. A roadmap to protect children from human trafficking, exploitation and sexual abuse
Proposed measures of the Roadmap are:
- No children to be the victims of human trafficking.
- No children to be the victims of sexual abuse or exploitation, either in Sweden or through travel and tourism.
- All children victims of human trafficking, sexual abuse or exploitation to receive the protection and support they need.
- Promoting children’s awareness of their right to protection and giving them knowledge to counteract their vulnerability.
- Enhancing the protection of children in situations in which children can be particularly vulnerable.
Sweden will achieve these goals by increasing the efficiency and coordination of the government agencies affected; develop the knowledge and skills in these areas as well as to prevent and prosecute crimes against children and, finally, give children appropriate support when they need it.