The Secretariat is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Partnership, supporting the operations of the Board and Executive Committee, and the associated Fund. The Secretariat is hosted by UNICEF in New York, with some team members also posted in Geneva.
Susan Bissell, a longtime leader in the field of violence prevention and child protection, is serving as Director of the End Violence Secretariat. Her small staff focuses on strategy, governance, partner and country engagement, advocacy, resource mobilization and communications.
The Secretariat will also drive exchanges on lessons learned and best practice, including through the bi-annual organization of the global ‘Solutions Summit’.
End Violence relies on partners to support development and implementation of program strategies and country action plans. Where gaps are identified, the Secretariat may be called upon to catalyze action, provide support or advice, and identify technical assistance.
Current staff (as of November 2016)
1. Susan Bissell, Director, Secretariat staff
2. Anila Ahmed, Programme Assistant, Secretariat staff
3. Roberta Cecchetti, Senior Adviser, Save the Children secondee (Geneva)
4. Sabine Rakotomalala, Senior Adviser, Swiss Government secondee (Geneva)
5. Sarah Stevenson, Childfund Alliance secondee (through Dec 2016)
6. Natasha Javed, Partnership Officer, Secretariat staff (starting Jan 2017)
7. Barbara Ammirati, Secretariat consultant (through Mar 2017)
8. Rekiya Adamu-Atta, Fund Unit consultant (through Dec 2016)
End Violence Against Children
The Global Partnership and Fund